In a time of uncertainty and anxiety, treating ourselves to some relaxing downtime is important. Stress relief and fun can change your entire mood and refresh you. Of course, practice safe social distancing and health practices. Wash your hands, wear a mask, and stay socially distant.
I’ve compiled five things you can do to treat yourself:
- Get a Mani/Pedi-nothing feels better than a soothing hand or leg massage while you get your nails done. Something about having your hands and toes painted beautifully can make a woman feel fabulous. It can also make you presentable to the public when you are well groomed.
- Ride a bike– I love riding bikes in the park along the hike and bike trail. Zooming along by my own power makes you feel alive and invigorated. It can be a wonderful stress reliever and great exercise.
- Go for a swim in the pool or hot tub– Sooth yourself in the warm water of a hot tub and you will come out rested from those sore muscles and aching back. The pool can also be great exercise as you swim laps, or maybe just enjoy the water at the stairs.
- Relax with a movie night – Nothing can be more relaxing than watching. good movie. Thinking about nothing else than what is going on in the screen can wash way those daily worries. Have a glass of wine and just chill.
- Go fishing!– Now fishing is one of my happiest past times, weather permitting. I can relax and view a gorgeous lake or pond, feeling the breeze blow past the surface. When the fish is hooked it’s exciting and gets your blood pumping. Catch and release is the way to go!
These five little ways to relax and unwind can be a joy. Find something that you enjoy and treat yourself this weekend.